SAVE THE DATE! - Nov. 8, 2016
8:00 AM to 3:00 PM at Natick High School. PDF FLYER
What is the Natick Innovation & Learning Summit?
The 2016 Natick Innovation and Learning Summit (NILS) will host over 100 sessions facilitated by expert practitioners on the tools, resources and instructional practices that Natick educators have requested. All sessions are tagged by level and target audience to help educators choose the best sessions for their interest and level in order to deepen their professional practice and personalize learning for students.
What is the Natick Wellness Conference?
The Natick Wellness Conference has been designed to nurture the interdisciplinary roles of educators in the adoption of physical activity as a learning tool. Learn from leading neuroscientists, educators and psychologists the best practices and evidence based research to creatively incorporate physical activity into school policy, and teaching practices to enhance student's ability to learn.
Sessions that were offered at the 2015 Natick Wellness Summit:
- Stress and the Psychology of Performance
- Why Play Matters with Tracy Gleason
- Let's Move! Strategies to Incorporate Movement in the Classroom
- Measuring for Success - Fitness based PE
- iPad APPs that will Revolutionize your Teaching
- Your Yoga and Mindfulness Toolkit: How Yoga and Mindfulness benefit your School Community
- Our Revolution in Elementary PE
- How the Brain Works and the Impact on Education
- Before School Bicycling and the Impact on the Brain
- Evaluation of Exercise Programs and Their Effectiveness
- Health and Performance PE for the 21st Century
- The Power of Sleep and it's Effect on Learning
- Neural Underpinnings of a Fit Brain: What Leading Scientists Have Shown in Their Labs, Yet Educators Rarely Learn
- Setting the Stage for Learning - How Exercise/Play Readies in the Brain and What to Do About it at Your School
- How to Manage Stress At Home and in the Classroom
Want to Attend?
We are accepting up to 250 educators from outside of Natick to attend the 2016 Summit.
REGISTRATION OPENS ON SEPTEMBER 5, 2016.
View the Sessions from the 2015 Natick Innovation and Learning Summit
Thanks to New England School Development Council for their generous support.