We are currently accepting applications for daily on-call substitute teachers and substitute paraprofessionals. To be considered for a substitute position, apply through our Online Employment Application Process. Minimum requirement for a Substitute Teacher include Bachelor's degree and experience working with children in a classroom setting. Minimum requirement for a Paraprofessional include a high school diploma and experience working with children, preferably in a classroom setting.
Please review SUBSTITUTE TEACHER HANDBOOK for more information including responsibilities and guidelines for substitute teaching.
- Pay rates for substitute employees during the 2016 - 2017 school year are effective August 29, 2016.
- The daily rate for the first fifteen days that you work as a substitute teacher or paraprofessional is $100.(These fifteen days don't have to be consecutive, but they must be completed in one school year).
- The daily rate for working as a substitute nurse is $118.
- After completing 15 days* in one school year as a substitute employee [teacher, nurse, paraprofessional or media/library assistant], you will be paid $112 per day when hired as a substitute teacher. (You do not have to complete 15 days every school year to be eligible for the $112 rate, just once).
- After completing 90 days* in one school year as a substitute employee [teacher, nurse, paraprofessional or media/library paraprofessional], you will be paid $118 per day when hired as a substitute teacher. This rate will continue for the remainder of the school year, but will not continue into the next school year.
- Substitute paraprofessionals who hold a Bachelor's Degree will be paid $112/ day for days 15-90 in any school year and $118 for any days in excess of 90 in any school year.
- Substitute paraprofessionals who do not hold a Bachelor's Degree will be paid $100/day regardless of how many days they work in any school year.
- Administrative Assistant substitutes are paid $100/day; food service substitutes $12.11/hr; lunch monitor substitutes $13.06/hr.
- Permanent substitute teachers will be paid $118 per day (174 day work year).
- Long-Term substitute teachers will be paid $177 per day; long-term substitute paraprofessionals $118/day. Long-term means 20 or more consecutive days in the same assignment.
*Service as a substitute teacher, substitute nurse, substitute paraprofessional or media/library paraprofessional for a half-day counts
as a full-day for pay purposes. Substitute service in any other capacity (i.e. clerical, cafeteria) does not count towards an increase in your pay rate based on days worked.